Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Empty.

As you may or may not have known, my dog that I've had since 2nd grade (Maggie) recently passed away.
Yes, it's been hard, but how long do you expect me to greive?
I have been upset, I truely have. I've burst into tears by just looking at her collar (on a side note, the coffee table was not the smartest place to put it). It's not the easiest thing in the world when having her around is all you've come to know.
My friends have been scolding me for laughing.
I can't always be upset. That just makes it harder.
I have to take my mind off of it.
Because, you see, I get over things by not thinking about them.
But, her dying is not what's been getting to me. She was pretty sick, and I don't want to make something I love suffer for my own selfish benefit. I'm glad she died, because I didn't want her to be in pain.
The thing that's REALLY been getting to me is the emptiness of the house.
The quietness.
You try being home alone all day everyday and having your dog die.
It's not easy.
I still call her name when I go to let Lily out.
I still look behind the chair in the living room where she used to lay.
I still go to fill up her bowl when I feed Lily.
I still haven't gotten used to the fact that she's not here.
And that's the hardest part of all this.
Not her death.

2 comments:

  1. I honestly know EXACTLY how you feel.
    Legit.
    My dog died when I was in 6th grade, maybe? It was one of the hardest things, ever.
    The death of a dog isn't the same type of death that they talk about in the "5 stages of grieving" pamphlets. It's different for everyone, but especially for kids our age, it's extremely hard.
    It's okay to cry, and it's okay to laugh. All you have to do is remember that.

    ReplyDelete