Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Amazing.

So, yesterday I was talking to a friend about how I found a book I was reading (Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan) completely depressing. Seeing as how she had read it herself, I figured she would understand. But she didn't agree in the least bit. She said there was something wrong inside of me, it was not the book. I knew she was right imediently. But, I did not know what it was. So I talked to a different friend about it, and I told her my dilema and everything. As soon as I was done talking, she knew exactly what was wrong with me. And she was right about it, too.
I found it completely amazing that she knew what was wrong without even having to think about it. And then I found it even more amazing that she sat there and listened to me talk about it (that was the best part. I've always been the listener, not the speaker. But it feels good to be the speaker every so often), and she gave me advice, and she understood where I was coming from.
Now, it is 4:23 in the morning, and I woke up with a thought:
Not everyone has a friend like this.

I hope whoever is reading this does, though. (Keep in mind that you don't have to be their listener for them to be yours.) If you don't, then be patient. You'll find one some day. You won't realize it at first, but one day it'll just hit you. And I'm going to have you make me this promise; here and now: never let them go without a fight. Pinky swear?

1 comment: